Sunday, July 8, 2007

Road Work

For the past few weeks, while crossing the street near my apartment in Kyiv, I've seen a big hole in the asphalt. This is not a pothole, not a shallow crevice, but a deep pit you can look into, right in the middle of the street.

One morning last week I noticed that some tree branches appeared to have fallen into the street. In the afternoon the branches were still there. "Well, that's a hazard," I thought, and decided to pick up the branches when I crossed the street.

The branches were there for a reason. They were stuck into the pit.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Well, at least people will swerve to avoid the 'tree' growing out of the road.

I noticed glass in the road on my morning walk through the neighborhood. Looked like it was from an accident. I wondered who would be picking it up.

I hope you're enjoying your time with Patty. See you soon?