Sunday, March 25, 2007

Public art

We walked past this sculpture in Helsinki one night after dinner. The three of us, two women and one man, stood and silently contemplated it for a minute. My male friend finally said "I don't know what you women think when you see this kind of thing, but as a guy, I see penises near heavy machinery and I know I'm gonna at least put on some underwear before I break out the buzz saw..." This guy is one of the funniest people I've ever met. I'm incapable with laughter when he's around. He's usually in the classroom when I'm teaching grade 5---it's hard to keep from guffawing in the middle of some explanation about adjectives vs. adverbs.

2 comments:

Max Pavloc said...

watch on YOU TUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqQDtEizSt0

The incredible story of a Vincent van Gogh self portrait found at Geneva flea market by Jules Petroz, watch video, a revolution in the art world.

Cheryl said...

There aren't enough funny people around. What a hoot. And why would the men be naked in this sculpture?