Monday, February 19, 2007

Probably not on the 9th grade SOL

The 9th graders are studying the French Revolution. One of my students handed me this document (link at left) to see my reaction. I read the first few lines and burst out laughing.

Wayne (history teacher) later told me that it's a primary source from a revolutionary newspaper written by the "sans-culottes". He said that he introduced it by telling the kids "you may be offended by this, so I won't give it to you unless you raise your hand." They all raised their hands.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am assuming marxism is still a vialble policy in the area. It may be dead in practical terms, but is still alive waiting to resurface. Do you think the Ukraine is undergoing their own form of industrial revolution and hopefully a rapid evolvement in their economy. It is interesting what you write about. alicia

Cheryl said...

Hmmm, I wonder if the kids there use the 'F word' as much as the kids here.

I bet your kids love you.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.